Thursday, January 3, 2013

Unit 8

My favorite exercises from this course were the loving kindness and subtle mind exercises, both of these exercises were easier to come by for me to focus on. I have a tendency to experience anxiety especially when I need to go away from my family or vice versa, I think in a way I have always used the Loving Kindness exercises when I have anxiety, as to calm myself down I would just focus on my family and picture us when we would be together again. The loving kindness exercise just helps me focus more on the love I want to put out to them while I am not with them. I really like the subtle mind technique as I felt very relaxed and rejuvenated afterwards, I need to increase the amount that I do this exercise as I do feel that I can focus better on my life and more importantly my school work when I use this exercise. I have two more semesters after this one ends before I get my degree and at time I have moments that I just want to say screw it. Not screw it in the sense that I want to quit but screw it in the sense that I don’t want to put 100% into my work and slack off a little. But then I think I would be really angry with myself for not doing my best and maintain a good GPA. I believe if I was to practice the subtle mind exercise at least once a week that this would help my mental fitness more!!

5 comments:

  1. I have a tendency to express anixety as well especailly with my family. The exercise went well for me too. I think everyone feels that way about their schooling but you manage to always find a way out at the end. Awesome Post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barefoot,

    I use the loving kindness meditation toward the people that I DON'T like...oh, and for my husband too. I feel that it softens my heart toward them.

    Stacey Hayden

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there Mrs. Happiness, I hope that you’re having a wonderful start to 2013, which shall lead you towards a better year of health and wellness. I believe that you have selected two great exercises, which complements your lifestyle relatively well. I too have selected the loving kindness exercise as well, but I also included Visualization. I also believe that only half of your plan would work for me, because it’s only half of my path. Thus, you have two wonderful elements that I’m sure will work for you upon reaching your short and long term goals of a healthier you.

    *Lee~

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems that most of us have chosen the same two meditation practices. I think your idea of using loving-kindness when you get anxious is a good idea. I'm more like Stacey, I use it towards people I don't like or who make me angry.

    As far as school goes, you got this! Two more terms is a walk in the park. Think back to when it seemed so far away, but here you are That's 22 more weeks of school, about 6 more term papers, and no more than 32 weekly papers at most. Just breathe and take it one paper at a time. It will be done before you know it. (I have three terms after this one.)

    Be well, Sarajane
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think anxiety can be very serious. It is great that there are techniques such as the loving kindness exercise that can help! As for school I think we all feel that way! I know I do. I have one term after this one and I graduate. I have had a very hard time staying focused this term. I wish you the best of luck!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete